"E-Commerce and Reprint Rights."
We have a following lists of typical image rights which might be helpful.
All Photos Are Copy Righted. All Rights reserved. Unauthorized duplication
is a Validation of applicable laws.
* ONE-TIME RIGHTS: These Photos are ''LEASED'' or ''LICENSED'' on a one time basis; one fee is paid for one use
* FIRST RIGHTS :This is generally the same as purchase of One TIME RIGHTS, Though the Photo buyer is paying a bit more for the privilege of being the first to use the image. He or She may use it only once unless other rights are negotiated.
* SERIAL RIGHTS: The Photographer has sold the rights to use the Photo in a periodical. It should not be confused with using the Photo in '' installment''.
* EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS: The buyer's EXCLUSIVE RIGHT to use the photo in his or her particular market or for a particular product. The copy right owner will retain rights to sell the image to other markets unless other wise specified.
* ELECTRONIC RIGHTS: These rights allow a buyer to place your work on electronic media, such as CD-ROMs or web sites. Prints rights upon request.
* PROMOTION RIGHTS: Such rights allow a publisher to use a photo for promotion of a publication in which PHOTO appeared. The photographer should be paid for promotional use in addition to the rights first sold to reproduce the image.
* WORK FOR HIRE: Under the Copyright Act of 1976, section101, a '' WORK fOR HIRE '' is defined as: '' (1) a work prepared by an employer within the scope of his or her employment; or (2) a work.... specially ordered or commissioned for use as a contribution to a collective, as part of a motion picture or audio visual work or as a supplementary work.... if the parties agree in a written instrument signed by the work shall be consider a work made for hire''. * ALL RIGHTS: This involves selling or assigning all rights to a photo for a specific period of time. Terms for all rights -- including time period of usage and compensation-- should be negotiated and confirmed in a written agreement with both parties.
All prints are Limited Editions and Signed.